Headup Games has finally reached the day where it can release the Kraken; Well, at least a press release that has the word ‘Kraken’ in it. Today marks the debut of the first DLC for Slime-san, which is free for anyone who owns the base game (which came out in April). Blackbird’s Kraken adds a completely new campaign for players to enjoy. Since this new content is completely separate from the main adventure, it can also be purchased separately for $3.99 on Steam. And early adopters will get an additional 15% off until July 27th.
Slime-san is a 2D platformer that revels in limited colors and tough-as-nails difficulty. In the original adventure, the titular blob found himself eaten by a worm and trying to escape. The new Blackbird’s Kraken has Slimey accused of a crime he did not commit. It doesn’t stop the villainous bird from unleashing the mythological creature at him which results in well, a lot of water stages. Actually, the expansion includes:
- 25 normal and NG+ levels within a giant kraken!
- 10 target mode challenges that will test your skills!
- 200 Bananas to collect and spend in a furniture shop!
- A customizable house that you can style and furnish to your heart’s content!
- A submarine mode with a unique boss fight, can you beat the Kraken?
- A speedrunning mode to compete with in leaderboards!
- An entire tropical Island you can explore and discover with tons of characters!
- A bizarre FPS mini-game: Gloomy! Can you beat the alien invasion?!
- Loads of cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
- Secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
- A tutorial to learn the ropes as well as extensive settings to tinker with!
- Music by Adhesive Wombat, FantomenK, Richard Gould & Mischa Perella!
- More secrets!
Unfortunately this news did not bring any updates to the console versions are supposed to be due in Q3 2017. Hopefully those copies will come with Blackbird’s Kraken and will include all the bonuses from the free DLC. For now though, PC gamers can take advantage of the Slime-san collection while the rest of us wait.