Smite Patch 4.18 "Journey to Asgard" Incoming; Includes New Skins for Several Gods
Smite's newest patch is almost upon us, and with it will come the continuation of Project Olympus, god changes, and the best Ymir skin ever.
As summer draws to a close, you run outside at the familiar jingle you’ve known your whole life. That creamery on wheels has brought you joy and happiness throughout your childhood and here it comes again almost as a funeral procession in honor of summer vacation. Pulling up to your door, you realize that something is amiss; today is no ordinary day for ice-cream. This is impossible. The back door is suddenly kicked open and out comes a beautiful amalgamation of sweet delight and happiness and with one sentence you are suddenly made to feel safe: “Ymir is here!”
— Kaitlyn Nicely (@KnicelyAnimated) September 20, 2017
Yes, of course there are more changes to Smite besides skins; frankly there are a ton of changes in the game’s latest patch, but it’s hard to deny how excellent of a skin Belly Ache Ymir is. There’s also new skins for Nike, Fenrir, and Da Ji,
There’s loads of god changes too, most notable among them are nerfs to Artio, Camazotz, Skadi, and Thoth. Tyr, Terra, Ratatoskr, and Kuzenbo, have received buffs. While the nerf hammer has been wielded carefully this patch, none of the changes should knock any gods out of the meta, but rather fine tune them so that they are more fun to play with and against.
As far as Project Olympus, we’re seeing changes to Spectator mode, including changes to improve the viewing experience. They’ve also included the addition of random player loadouts to allow players to show off all of their unlocked loading frames, wards, and avatars. Finally, they’ve deactivated server rollup which should reduce latency because you’ll no longer be placed into different regions when matchmaking.
The patch is available now on public the test server and should come to the live game in the coming weeks.Smite is currently free-to-play on Xbox One, PC, and PS4. You can read more about the latest god–Hachiman– to enter the Japanese pantheon here, as well as read up on the previous patch, patch 4.17, and the recent changes to Smite on consoles here.
You can check out the changes below.
- Increased Physical Power from 25 to 40
- Decreased Magical Proteection from 60 to 50
- Atalanta’s Bow
- Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 25%
- Chronos Pendant
- Decreased Cost from 2900 to 2750
- Removed 15% Lifesteal
- Added 10% Cooldown Reduction
- Decompose – Decreased Protection debuff from 3% to 2%
- Life Tap/Heavy Charge – Increased Cooldown from 15s to 17s
- Screeh – Decreased Physical Power Buff from 20/25/30/35/40 to 10/15/20/25/30
- Vampire Bats – Decreased initial damage from 70/120/170/220/270 to 70/110/150/190/230
- Sumo Slam – Decreased cooldown from 16/15/14/13/12 to 12s at all ranks
- Watery Grave – Decreased cooldown from 100s to 75s
- Flurry – Increased Physical Power scaling from 20% per to to 25% per tick/Increased Protection Shred from 2/2/3/3/4 per tick to 2/3/4/5/6 per tick
- Rune of the Hunt-Decreased Kaldr’s dash damage from 100/125/125/150/150% to 70/85/100/115/140% of Skadi’s Basic Attack Damage
- Permafrost – Decreased Radius from 16/18/20/22/24 to 16/16/18/18/20
- Monolith – Removed root from Monolith Shatter/Monolith Shatter now slows enemies by 30% for 1.5s/Increased Monolith’s hit points from 3 to 5
- Final Judgement – Decreased Scalling from 120% to 100%/Adjusted Charged-up Damage from 25/50/75/100% of total damage to 40/60/80/100% of damage.
- Fearless – Decreased Mana cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 50/55/60/65/70
- Change Stance – Decreased Cooldown from 14/13/12/11/10 to 12/12/11/11/10