Smite is a free-to-play MOBA on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 and this most recent patch marks the first time that a patch will release on all platforms at the same time. Patch 4.24 will release across all platforms tomorrow and includes a number of skins– including this year’s Odyssey tier 5 skin– as well as balance changes that will be the last before Hi-Rez Expo.
You can check out the new skins as well as a full list of changes below.
Patches usually release first on PC and, because they often need to go through checks at Microsoft and Sony, are patched out later on consoles. The community has long called for these patches to release at the same time in order to create a more unified community and gameplay experience.
The new tier 5 Ullr skin “Frostfire” sees the god change physical form when in axe stance or bow stance.
Some of the most notable changes to items and god balancing include Stone of Gaia increasing in cost, decreasing Odin’s ultimate time from six to five seconds, and decreases to Isis’ Spirit Ball and Dispel Magic abilities.
The changes made were relatively small because Hi-Rez does not want to drastically change the game while pro players are practicing for the upcoming Smite World Championship in January.
You can download Smite for free on PC, Xbox One, or PS4. You can read up on the newest adventure, Shadows Over Hercopolis, here, or check out the most recent god to be added here.
Stone of Gaia
- Increased Cost from 2000 to 2100
- Decreased mana cost from 60/70/80/90/100 to 60/65/70/75/80
- Decreased mana cost from 40/65/90/115/140 to 40/45/50/55/60
- Decrease Duration from 6s to 5s
- Decrease mana cost from 70/80/90/100/110 to 60/65/70/75/80
- Decrease mana cost from 75/80/85/90/95 to 60/65/70/75/80
- Decrease mana cost from 70/80/90/100/110 to 70/75/80/85/90
- Decrease mana cost from 80/85/90/95/100 to 60/65/70/75/80