Snake Pass Patch 1.2.0 Fixes Tail Grabs; Adds Time Trials and Leaderboards for the Switch
Sumo Digital just released patch 1.2.0 for Snake Pass which has global fixes for the PS4, PC, Xbox One, and additional modes for the Switch.
Sumo Digital sent out a press release today detailing their latest patch for the slithery platformer, Snake Pass. This update effects all platforms for the game (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) but has specific notes for each one. The most notable additions are the two features (time trials, leaderboards) added to the Switch to make it on par with the other versions. The PC is also getting Razer Chroma Keyboard support whereas the PS4 ‘exclusive’ fix just smooths out the audio.
For those that don’t follow video games based on ectothermic, amniote vertebrates, let me bring you up to speed on this tale. Snake Pass features a humming bird/serpent duo of Noodle and Doodle as they must travel through multiple worlds to save their home from the enigmatic ‘Gatecrasher’. Retro 3D mascot platforming combines with unique snake mechanics (wrapping, curling, climbing) to create a fresh take on the genre.
Update 1.2.0 is now live on all platforms and the full list of fixes can be found below:
• TIME TRIAL AND LEADERBOARDS: Time Trial mode is now available for Nintendo Switch players. Battle it out against friends to see who can make it to the top of the leaderboards with the quickest time
STEAM / WINDOWS 10
• RAZER CHROMA: support for Razer Chroma Keyboards has been added
• 4K UI: fixed a bug where the UI was not displaying correctly on 4k monitors for PC players
• STEAM: Steam version now sets to the language that Steam is set to rather than the OS of the PC
• PLAYSTATION 4 AUDIO: fixed an issue where PlayStation 4 audio was unintentionally compressed
• TAIL GRAB: fixed a bug where Tail Grab was unreliable
• TIME TRIAL: fixed a TT exploit where players could get a time of zero
• TIME TRIAL: fixed an issue in Time Trial where some players could not complete the level
• TIME TRIAL: fixed an issue in Time Trial that prevented the timer from not displaying correctly
• LEVEL 11: fixed an issue where the ball would activate incorrectly for some players
• QUETZALCOATL ACHIEVEMENT: fixed an issue with Quetzalcoatl not triggering correctly for some players. If players have previously reached the requirements, playing a level without dying again should trigger the achievement.
• FLOOR IS MOLTEN ROCK ACHIEVEMENT: The Floor Is Molten Rock achievement now triggers correctly
• CAMERA: fixed an issue where the camera did not move as fast as intended
• LEVEL 9: fixed an issue where the camera would not move for some players making the level unplayable
• TAIL GRAB: fixed an issue where Noodle would move faster than intended while Doodle was holding his tail
• GAME ICONS: all platforms have updated game icons
• GENERAL FIXES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
Also included with the patch notes was a brand new trailer for Noodle and Doodle. The video specifically focuses on the Switch version highlighting the ‘new’ time trial mode. Of course the cartoony and fun spirit of Snake Pass is still present here with our serpent friend slowly but quickly making his way through multiple obstacles. You can check out the trailer below: