Sonic: Lost World Box Art and Story Details Emerge
It has been revealed that the six… things that attack Sonic in the first Sonic: Lost World trailer will be the primary nemesis’ throughout the entire. They are essentially crazy chaos emeralds with legs, as their nefarious nature comes about after Dr. Robotnik attempts to harness their power and fails, causing them to turn on him. This also subsequently causes Robotnik and Sonic to form a rare alliance while they stop the creatures, known in this game as the Deadly Six.
Sonic: Lost World will introduce boss battles for each member of the Deadly Six in addition to the game’s vast world, new abilities, and multiplayer. The following Wii U and 3DS-specific features have been detailed on AllGamesBeta:
- Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
- Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.
- Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
- Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
- Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.
Nintendo 3DS Exclusive Features
- The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.
- Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.
- Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
- Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
- Race against friends through local and online game modes.
- Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.
Sonic: Lost World is scheduled for release in late 2013. You can check out the new screenshots and box art below.