Every year the best social media professionals and sites are awarded at the Social Media Icon Awards, and on June 2nd the ceremony for the 2014 edition was held at the Grand Hyatt in New York City.
The Blog category sees gaming at the forefront this year, as the winners of the award are Sony Computer Entertainment America and the PlayStation Blog.
On the other hand, the rest of the bunch had very little to do with gaming, as you can see in the list below:
- APCO Worldwide – CLIA North America Cruise Forward
- Delta Air Lines – Delta’s Social Content Hub: “Taking Off”
- Human Rights Campaign
- Samsung Electronics –Samsung Tomorrow (Samsung Electronics Official Global Blog)
- USANA Health Sciences – What’s Up, USANA?
- Verizon Wireless Midwest Area
The same could be said about last year’s edition, that saw the triumph of Walmart’s blog Green Room.
Sony Computer Entertainment also received honorable mentions for the Facebook, Twitter and Youtube categories.
Considering that the folks at PlayStation blog always do a great job with spreading PlayStation-related news, we can definitely say that the award is well deserved.