Sony Celebrates PlayStation Plus Anniversary in Japan with Free Guilty Gear and Cheap Subscription
Sony’s successful subscription service PlayStation Plus will soon celebrate its fifth anniversary, and Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia decided to launch a promotional campaign for the occasion.
The campaign, revealed on Japanese magazines leaked before tomorrow’s shelf date and reported by Hachima Kikou, includes the following perks.
- 5 months subscription for 1,555 yen ($12.55) available from June 29th to July 7th.
- Anyone who will buy 12 months of subscription from July 8th to July 21st will participate to a lottery that will give away 55 5 year subscriptions to the service.
- Free Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- available from June 29th to July 7th for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Free Batman: Arkham Origins – Blackgate available from June 29th to July 7th for PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- From July to February 2016, select PSP and classic games will be available for free every month for PlayStation Plus subscribers..
We’ll have to stand-by and see if anything similar will be offered for the west (at the moment there’s a contest going on in Europe, but no free games), but Japanese PlayStation Plus users are in for a treat.