Sony Europe Shares Information on Some Easter Eggs in Shadow of the Beast
Following the release of Shadow of the Beast for PlayStation 4, Sony Europe has unveiled some of the Easter eggs you can unlock in-game. Developed by Heavy Spectrum, Shadow of the Beast has lots of references to the original 1989 release for the Amiga. Throughout the game you will accumulate Mana which can be used to purchase extras in the “Wisdom of Shadows” menu. The following are some of those that you can purchase:
- Roger Dean’s original artwork: Dean, most known for his fantasy landscapes and album covers for musicians, contributed a high-resolution scan of original artwork he made for the Amiga version of Shadow of the Beast, which you can access in-game.
- Original score: The entire soundtrack (done by David Whittaker) for the first game is unlock able to play in-game.
- Shadow of the Beast (Amiga/1989): The Amiga version of Shadow of the Beast is unlock able and can be played in its entirety via emulation in-game.
- Subtitles: With five different languages being spoken throughout the game, you won’t be able to understand any until you unlock the subtitles for each.
- Retrospective: A text and illustrated retrospective for the entire series has been created by the team at Heavy Spectrum to inform new players and act as a love letter to the original game.