Sony Wants to Dazzle You With New Driveclub Gameplay Videos, So Much that They’re Hiring for it
The newly promoted Driveclub Game Director Paul Rustchynsky, promised great Driveclub gameplay footage, and apparently he was dead serious. So serious that Sony is actually hiring a professional specifically for that purpose, as showcased by a new career opportunity ad seeking a Video Producer & Editor for Evolution Studio.
The role entails:
- Producing outstanding promotional videos to support our upcoming marketing campaign
- Capturing and editing high quality gameplay footage
- Working within the Creative Team, alongside Game Developers, Internal Marketing and PR departments
- Continuously striving to stay ahead of the field in terms of knowledge of video production, motion graphics and video standards
- Learning and proactively driving further development of our in house tools and processes
Candidates must exhibit:
- Proven ability in video production
- Experience of video editing software, media codecs, streaming technology, encoding software, motion graphics and video capture with particular emphasis on Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Awareness of video standards and principles e.g. colour temperatures, video formats, frame rates, etc
- A good ‘eye’ for scene composition
- Broad understanding of video cameras and the basics of camera control, shutter speeds, apertures, lens types, filters and effects
- A passion for gaming and creative media Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional communication skills
Considering the timing, it’s obvious that Sony wants to make up for the lost time with a visual overload showcasing Driveclub‘s lovely graphics. This is actually the first time, at least to my knowledge, that Sony hires a video editor specifically for a single title.
Looks like we’re in for a few visual treats down the line, and I’m sure I’m not the only one quite curious to see just how spectacular the trailer showcased on stage at E3 will be.