The newly promoted Driveclub Game Director Paul Rustchynsky, promised great Driveclub gameplay footage, and apparently he was dead serious. So serious that Sony is actually hiring a professional specifically for that purpose, as showcased by a new career opportunity ad seeking a Video Producer & Editor for Evolution Studio.
The role entails:
- Producing outstanding promotional videos to support our upcoming marketing campaign
- Capturing and editing high quality gameplay footage
- Working within the Creative Team, alongside Game Developers, Internal Marketing and PR departments
- Continuously striving to stay ahead of the field in terms of knowledge of video production, motion graphics and video standards
- Learning and proactively driving further development of our in house tools and processes
Candidates must exhibit:
- Proven ability in video production
- Experience of video editing software, media codecs, streaming technology, encoding software, motion graphics and video capture with particular emphasis on Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Awareness of video standards and principles e.g. colour temperatures, video formats, frame rates, etc
- A good ‘eye’ for scene composition
- Broad understanding of video cameras and the basics of camera control, shutter speeds, apertures, lens types, filters and effects
- A passion for gaming and creative media Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional communication skills
Considering the timing, it’s obvious that Sony wants to make up for the lost time with a visual overload showcasing Driveclub‘s lovely graphics. This is actually the first time, at least to my knowledge, that Sony hires a video editor specifically for a single title.
Looks like we’re in for a few visual treats down the line, and I’m sure I’m not the only one quite curious to see just how spectacular the trailer showcased on stage at E3 will be.