Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida Talks E3 Conference and Games; Praises Nintendo’s New Zelda: “Epic, Huge Game”
During PlayStation’s E3 live coverage, Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida talked about Sony’s press conference and announcements, also taking a moment to indicate Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as one of his highlights of the show, praising its epic scale.
Here’s a recap of what he shared.
- Yoshida-san is “so relieved” because so many people worked hard for so long towards the announcements of their titles, and everyone involved in the games looked “so happy” after the show.
- He thought that the press conference with the orchestra was “amazing.”
- Yoshida-san’s favorite moment was the Crash Bandicoot announcement, since he was the original producer. He got 10,000 retweets when he tweeted it.
- Farpoint is an “amazing experience” according to Yoshida-san. Bound is “beautiful” in VR, and works very well with PlayStation VR.
- Yoshida-san played The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and thought that it felt almost like Horizon: Zero Dawn. It’s an “epic, huge game” and he can’t wait to play it when it comes out.
- It was great to see the reaction to the announcement that Insomniac Games was the one creating the new Spider-Man.
- About Detroit: Become Human, Yoshida-san appreciated the theme of androids becoming close to humans, or even more human than humans at times. The game makes you feel empathy towards the androids.
- According to Yoshida-san, Quantic Dream took the feedback to their previous games to heart. Since people liked the branching story of heavy rain, they are pushing it very hard with this game, so that you really make the story with your choices.