Space Engineers Month of Early Access Video Shows Off List of Vast Improvements
Space Engineers has come along way since its Steam Early Access release, which Keen Software House and Marek Rosa are proud to show off in the new “Month of Early Access” video below.
With over 100,000 copies sold in the first three weeks (becoming a Steam Top Seller) there have been quite a lot of original creations made by the gamer community (including a space station modeled after the house from Disney Pixar animated movie, <em>Up</em>, seen above), and with all that tinkering came a host of improvements from the developers, including:
- Steam Workshop (upload and download your world to/from Workshop)
- Magnetic Landing Gears (so you can land your small ship on a large ship)
- Symmetry/Mirroring in creative mode
- Copy/paste/delete in creative mode
- Modding of 3D models
- Max speed is now the same for all objects (104m/s)
- Inertial dampeners for astronaut and for ships can be turned on/off
- Faster building and deleting (CTRL+SHIFT)
- Beacon (HUD shows a direction/distance to beacon blocks)
- Localization to 15 languages
- Linear and angular velocity of objects is now saved
- Experimental support for much larger worlds
Still, the game has even more content coming. A survey asked the community to vote on their most desired feature, with 44% having voted for multiplayer, 24% for a survival mode, and %10 for a 64-bit version of the game (the remaining 22% weren’t specified).
For more on the game, check out the Marek Rosa Blog and the Space Engineers website, where you will also be able to purchase the game. For more on community creations, check out the Space Engineers Steam Workshop page.
Space Engineers is available on Steam Early Access for $14.99, which comes with some good perks for early adopters. For more trailers and details, check out more of DualShockers’ Space Engineers news.