Alersteam, the small indie team behind the space western Exoplanet: First Contact, gave a breakdown of the latest major update for their Kickstarter backed game. The update, which went live today is now available for download.
Exoplanet: First Contact is a single player survival game with a third person viewpoint and action RPG mechanics. The newly released update brings a number of different changes and additions, all of which can be seen below:
Exoplanet Update #2:
- Enemy bandits. They will attack the hero on sight
- Two Bounty Hunter Terminals: near Hunter’s Rest and in the Fort
- The Fort has been expanded and updated in preparation for future quests
- Added CLUT support to graphics engine. Basically that means that the colors should be more vibrant now. For example, the sand should look like a scorching hot sand in the desert.
- Experience. Progressing and finishing quests, killing bandits and monsters, discovering new locations and reading all earn experience for the hero
- Level Ups. Once Jack gets enough experience he will get a level up. For each new level, Jack gets a small permanent health boost.
- Reloadable guns. You have to reload your gun when your clip is empty. All guns now have specific clip size.
- Dig! You can now dig out all kinds of stuff that’s been buried. You’ll need a shovel though.
- A new melee attack animation with a step forward. It is played when the player attacks without moving
- Bounce. You can double tap movement buttons (A, S, D) to avoid enemy attacks (works only with a weapon in hands)
- added separate items for wearable armor: torso and leg protection
- added 3 new aboriginal melee weapons
- mining mechanics have been rebalanced, players with low mining skill should miss less often
- dialogs now have a dedicated Trade button
- reworked trading window, should be cleaner now
- certain objects far below or far above the player should no longer be focused on
- removed unnecessary horizontal scrollbar in the inventory
- bigger journal fonts, easier to read
- equipped items are now marked in the inventory and shown at the top
- added shadow map resolution slider (choose the details of the game’s shadows)
- added texture LOD bias slider. It can be used to make distant textures sharper
QUESTS / DIALOGS
- added a new bandit bounty hunt quest (check terminals or quest giver Castor in the fort)
- added a dialog and a little quest for Mister Green
- added a new trader in the fort
- added a new trader and teacher (Old Mug)
- a couple of new dialogs for the new NPCs (caravaneers)
- certain objects when activated now should show tooltips if they require items you lacks
- mining animation is now being played only when the player chooses ‘mine’ option
- doors should be properly labeled now
- should no longer be able to move Jack while he is standing up after sitting near the campfire
- added sounds for bullets hitting an NPC
- added weapon holster sounds for some weapons
- countless bugfixes and additions
Exoplanet: First Contact is currently available for PC via Steam Early Access.