To celebrate the relaunching of Raiders of the Broken Planet as the newly titled Spacelords, developer MecurySteam has been creating videos detailing all of the changes made to the game. The latest addition to the video series goes over the top ten changes made to the game, all of which I will summarize below:
- Spacelords will contain four campaigns in the game. All of the campaigns will be available to play for free.
- MecurySteam has added 17 missions, 66 weapons, 17 playable characters and more content that has evolved from its previous title.
- A new progression system has been created for Spacelords that will give gamers the opportunity to access characters, weapons, missions, and cards.
- A mission select grid has been created that will allow players the chance to obtain rewards that are renewed every few hours as well as a new cinema mode so players can watch cutscenes whenever they would like.
- A crafting system has been implemented so that weapons can be forged and improved.
- MercurySteam has improved the reward system that is based on the player’s performance in the game.
- Tutorial videos have been added to give new players a chance to learn the game mechanics as well as mentor matches that pairs new players with veterans to guide them through the mission. The veterans will receive extra rewards.
- The matchmaking system has been improved to be more efficient and will put gamers up against antagonists with a similar MMR.
- Spacelords will allow cross-platform play. It was not stated in the video, but one can assume that it will be between PC and Xbox One as well as PC and PS4.
- The last change was MercurySteam’s vision to provide all of what Spacelords has to offer completely for free.
For more coverage of the title, make sure to check out DualSockers’ interviews with director Enric Álvarez, Lead Designer Joan Amat, and Art Director Jorge Benedito. Spacelords is set to release for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on August 23, 2018. Check out the video below: