Special Operation 2 for Ghost Recon Wildlands Goes Live Next Week
The second major update for year 2 of Ghost Recon Wildlands will kick off on July 24.
Ubisoft has today lifted the curtain on Special Operation 2, the second massive free update for year two of Ghost Recon Wildlands.
Special Operation 2 will bring a new PvE experience, a new update for the Ghost War PvP, and a new permadeath PvE game mode called Ghost Mode, which has been highly-requested from players. Ghost Mode will be a hardcore mode that players can play in either solo or co-op and will feature exclusive rewards, permadeath, and real-reloading. The full list of features that Ubisoft has detailed for Ghost Mode are as follows:
· Permadeath: If players are not revived when down, their game is over and progression is reset.
· New Loadout: Players will only be able to use one main weapon and one handgun.
· Real Reloading: When players reload with a partially full clip, remaining bullets will be lost.
· Friendly Fire: Players’ shots and actions can cause damage to teammates.
· Gear Management: Players can only switch weapons at ammo boxes or by looting enemies.
· Teammate Removal: For a true solo experience, players can now choose to play without AI teammates (also available in the main campaign of the game).
Additionally, Ubisoft has revealed the other new features that will be coming to Ghost War PvP, which you can find below.
· New PvP Classes and Maps: Two new PvP classes and two PvP maps will be introduced, including a highly requested snow-terrain map.
· Observer Mode: A new spectate feature that can be used to watch and showcase custom PvP matches through specific tools and a free-roam camera.
· New Ranked Features: Introduction of a new Progression Bar that tracks Ranked progress, showing players their position in the current league.
· Post-Match Celebration Screen: A new post-match screen where the winning team is showcased.
· Social Items: A new feature consisting of emotes, voice lines and victory poses to further personalize players’ experiences (also available in the main campaign of the game).
Ubisoft says that this update for Ghost Recon Wildlands is the biggest that the game has received so far and that all of these new features aren’t the only inclusions that will come with Special Operation 2. Ubisoft went on to tease a few surprises, saying that a special new PvE mission is still slated to be revealed soon.
Special Operation 2 will first be available next week on July 24 with Year 2 Pass owners getting early access to Ghost Mode, the two new Ghost War classes, and exclusive customization packs. All other players will gain access to this update the following week on July 31.
Lastly, you can check out some new screenshots and a trailer that Ubisoft has released for this upcoming update as well at the bottom of the page. Ghost Recon Wildlands is currently available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.