Star Citizen Alpha Patch 1.3 Adds the Under-Construction Galleria Area, an Overhaul of the Social Interface and More
Cloud Imperium Games’ Star Citizen recently surpassed a million backers, gathering over 92 Million Dollars.
Star Citizen’s Alpha patch 1.3 is live, and it adds “the under-construction Galleria area, an overhaul of the social interface, new emotes and the addition of Greycat buggies around the zone that can be driven and crashed.” In addition to that, it balances ships’ health and weapon damage, and fixes a number of reported bugs and errors.
Here is what Alpha patch 1.3 has to offer:
- The groundwork for Interior physics grids has gone live!
- The Avenger, 300 series, Auroras (all Variants) and Non-Racer Mustangs will allow you to exit your seat while in flight as a result.
- However because the full mechanics are not yet in place, your character may clip out of your ship or be in zero-G while on the ship.
- Fixed an issue where players would not be removed Arena Commander for being idle unless all players in the match were idle.
- Fixed an issue during the Tutorial – Chapter 3, where the missiles would sometimes not track the target correctly, particularly when firing all missiles simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where weapons fire could appear offset from the weapon muzzle, when the ship was firing while moving.
- Fixed an issue where a ships target could be lost when increasing distance from target, despite target still being in sensor range.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to trigger respawn if they died while interacting with the HUD.
- Missiles no longer have a graphical glitch where they retain a small portion of the firing ships interface.
- The ship HUD will no longer sometimes detach from the helmet upon initial spawn or after colliding with an object.
- The character helmet will no longer separate from the rest of the character due to inertia, causing issues with the ship HUD.
Star Citizen is set to release fully in 2016 as a PC exclusive.