Star Citizen Brings Top Gear to Space with Amazing (and Hilarious) Trailer and More
If you like spaceships and Top Gear you’re going to love this, because when Star Citizen meets a parody of the popular BBC series and of its witty host Jeremy Clarkson, the result can only be awesome, and hilarious.
I won’t spoil it further, so you can enjoy the video fully at the bottom of the post.
Cloud imperium games also released a full brochure for the ship showcased in the trailer, the Origin M50 racer. I suggest holding your jaw before downloading it, because it looks really, really lovely.
Finally, we get a rundown of the new features added today to the Arena Commander dogfighting module, including the racing mode to show off your M50.
- Murray Cup Racing Mode: As shown at Gamescom, players can now race their pledge ships in a specially designed upper-atmospheric scenario!
- Vanduul Swarm Co-Op: Take on the alien hoards with a friend, or competitor!
- Flyable M50 and 350R: The M50 and the 350R have been readied for flight to kick off the race mode. These ships will now be flyable in all Arena Commander game modes.
- Friend Codes: We’re launching a code system for both private and public matches so you can connect with your wingmen.
- Updated Ship Performance: We’ve increased the speed and acceleration of every ship. With this we’ve also reworked the afterburner mechanic to increase acceleration instead of top speed.
- HUD Update: We’ve overhauled the usability of the visor HUD interface so you can customize your ships systems much more easily in flight.
- New Hangars: We’ve re-mastered all of Star Citizen’s Hangars with the new forward-looking room system and added the Asteroid Hangar.
- 6DOF: With the improvements to the IFCS and flight physics we are now ready to introduce 6DOF movement for an entirely new way to fly.
But without further ado, just check out the video. If you don’t laugh, you don’t have a sense of humor. Actually, humour. This is supposed to be British, after all.