Star Trek Online‘s annual Winter Wonderland event, hosted by the non-playable Q, is now live. Players can access this event by speaking to Q at designated locations in Earth Spacedock, Qo’nos, and New Romulus Command.
Those who take part in the event will be able to obtain holiday commodities via a new event entitled, “The Winter Invasion.” Items, gear, and other gifts are obtained by opening boxes of mysterious cookies and treats. The Star Trek Online devs released the following list of obtainable items below:
- Holiday Foods: All of the various Holiday Foods that were offered during last year’s event will now be available by baking them, rather than buying them! Exploring the “Winter Invasion” event can award all players with a recipe. Take that recipe to the Winter Chef in Q’s Winter Wonderland to work with you to bake. All buff durations of these foods have been extended to 60 minutes, and several new foods have been added. These foods are only beneficial while the Winter Event is active (afterwards, they will return to their previous effectiveness). These food items can once again be fed to Tribbles to create …
- Winter Tribble: By feeding any of the Holiday Foods to any standard Tribble, you may breed this festive furball. Petting this breed will grant captains with resistance to Repel, Knockback and Cold Damage, and will extend this buff to all nearby allies while the Winter Event is active.
- Holiday Scarves: New scarves have been added for Romulan and Reman characters! Available with and without the distinctive Wings of the Raptor iconography, these scarves channel the spirit of more classic Romulan uniforms with their purple-tinged grey color scheme. Right-click on a scarf in the Winter store interface to see a visual preview of it.
- Winter Jacket: Two new colors of Winter Jacket have been added this year – Green and Red! These new color variants come in all models of Jacket previously awarded by the Winter Event. Right-click on a jacket in the Winter store interface to see a visual preview of it.
- Advanced Holiday Weaponry: This year, new advanced weaponry has been added to the Winter store! Whether you want to deep freeze your enemies with “The Snowblower”, smack your snowman foes with tiny snowballs released by the dual pistols known as “Hail”, or pelt your targets with high-velocity gumdrops from the gumdrop shotgun known only as “The Big One” – there are weapons to match your playstyle of choice.
- Nanopulse Lirpa or Bat’leth: Functionally identical to last year’s model, this year’s Nanopulse versions of each of these traditional melee weapons will glow with a distinctive Green hue when activated by Federation or Klingon personnel.
- Gingerbread Pet: There are six new gingerbread pets available from completing the Winter Invasion queued event, representing five different species that can be seen throughout the galaxy. Ever wondered what an Orion or Vulcan gingerbread-person might look like? Wonder no longer – these and more have a chance to be collected from Q’s Mysterious Box of Cookies and Treats, awarded each time you complete Winter Invasion.
- Winter Devices: Two new devices have been added to the event this year. A Snowball Mortar can be acquired through the Winter store, while Q’s Mysterious Box of Cookies and Treats may contain a Frigid Lump of Coal if you’ve been naughty (or just unlucky)! The Snowball Mortar fires large blasts of snow at nearby snowman enemies for a short duration, while the Frigid Lump of Coal will enable you to transform into a Snowman while in Q’s Winter Wonderland.
This year’s special prize will be the Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider, which contains the following stats and armaments:
- Rank Required: 40, Rear Admiral, Lower Half (Fed); Brigadier General (KDF); Subadmiral I (Rom)
- Faction: All
- Availability: Winter Event Reputation Project
- Hull Strength: 29,700
- Shield Modifier: 0.88
- Crew: 50
- Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
- Device Slots: 2
- Base Turn Rate: 19 degrees per second
- Impulse Modifier: 0.21
- Inertia: 75
- Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Tactical, 1 Ensign Universal, 2 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal
- Console Modifications: 5 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 3 Science
- +15 Weapon Power
- Can Equip Dual Cannons
- Console – Universal – Sensor Disruption Field
- Improved Flanking
- Can equip the Breen Energy Dissipator that is found on the Breen Chell Grett Warship
- Breen Sensor Disruption Field console
The Winter Wonderland event is scheduled to run from now until 1PM EST on January 16th, 2014.