Star Wars Battlefront 2 Patch 1.1 Brings Balance Changes, Iden Versio’s Tie, and More
Star Wars Battlefront 2 has gotten a new patch which adds new free content to the game as well as changes and balances existing content.
Star Wars Battlefront II is holding steady despite the turbulent release drama that surrounded the game’s progressions system. Now, the game’s latest patch is adding to that system and more with new map combinations, a new playable hero, new star cards, and balance changes.
Check out a full list of changes below.
First and foremost, Iden Versio’s Tie Fighter is now available in multiplayer including the Laser Barrage, Afterburner, and Proton Torpedo abilities. Accompanying the new hero are Star Cards that augment and enhance her ship’s capabilities such as reducing missile lock time or improving the ships defenses.
In regards to other heroes, however, we’ve gotten some much-needed balance changes to even out the battlefield.
Finn will be seeing a long-overdue nerf with his primary weapon damage being decreased and the overheating being increased. His Deadeye Shot ability is also being reduced from 40 damage to 30.
Boba Fett is also getting nerfed with reductions in damage and radius to his Rocket Barrage ability, which, when buffed with a Star Card, could do serious damage in Heroes Vs. Villians.
While they’re not heroes per say, the Wookie Warrior has been nerfed alongside the Heavy class, while the Specialist has been buffed with increased Infiltration damage and reduced heat per shot on several of its weapons. The Assault class’ CR2 has thankfully been knocked down a few pegs, though we’ll have to wait and see if the weapon remains to go-to choice for slaughtering rebel (and imperial) scum alike.
Star Wars Battlefront II is available on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. You can check out the latest content to be added alongside the theatrical release of The Last Jedi here.
- Blast on Crait Map
- Iden Versio’s TIE/In fighter
- Afterburner–Gives the starfighter a temporary speed boost and breaks enemy missile lock. The Afterburner can be cancelled after a short time
- Laser Barrage–Charges up a rapid fire barrage which deals high damage
- Dual Proton Torpedoes–Fires two proton torpedoes which track the locked target and deal high damage
- Inferno Leader–For the duration of Inferno Leader, all enemies within a radius are revealed to allied players. These enemies receive increased damage from all sources
- TIE Fighter Star Cards:
- Engine Heat Dissipator–Decreases the Afterburner cooldown
- Advanced Torpedoes–Increases Dual Proton Torpedo damage
- Vengeful Barrage–Increases the damage of Laser Barrage
- Flight Commander–Increases the duration of Inferno Leader
- Reinforced Hull–Increases the total health of the starfighter
- Tuned Lasers–Increases primary weapon damage
- Advanced Capacitors–Improves the primary weapons resistance to overheating
- Repair Systems–Reduces the delay before health regeneration begins
- Elite Pilot–Increases the turn rate of the starfighter
- Engine Upgrade–Increases the top speed and how quickly the starfighter can accelerate and decelerate
- TIE fighter Milestones:
- Rapid Assault–Used Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter’s Afterburner ability 25 times
- Precision Strike–Achieve 25 Dual Proton Torpedo kills with Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter
- Hope Cannot Save Them – Achieve 25 Laser Barrage kills with Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter
- Avenge Our Emperor – Use Iden Versio’s TIE Fighter’s Inferno Leader ability 25 times
- Reduced base damage of his EL-16 from 65 to 45
- Reduced the time before heat cooldown kicks in from 3.5 to 1.5 seconds
- Reduced damage of each Deadeye shot from 40 to 30
- Reduced the heat generated per shot of her F-11D
- Fixed a bug where Maximized Efficiency was not properly granting cooldown reduction
- Boba Fett
- Reduced the damage per rocket of Rocket Barrage from 90 to 78
- Reduced the inner damage radius for each rocket of Rocket Barrage from 2 to 1.5 meters
- Reduced the outer damage radius for each rocket of Rocket Barrage from 4 to 3 meters
Classes and Special Units
- Wookiee Warrior
- Reduced Bowcaster center projectile damage multiplier from 1.3 to 1
- Lowered Bowcaster fall off distance at the start from 20 to 10 meters and at the end from 30 to 25 meters
- Reshuffled Bowcaster explosion damage and projectile damage to make falloff have higher effect
- Increased Bowcaster heat per shot
- Reduce size of scope glint
- Added scope glint to the following long range weapons: EL-16HFE, A-280, Pulse Rifle, and Captain Phasma’s F-11D
- Reduced heat per shot for the following long range weapons: Valken-38X, E-5S, DLT-20A, DLT-19x, A180, and DLT-19D
- Increased the bursts per minute of all Infiltration variants from 100 to 130
- Reduced the AOE of Supercharged and Explosive sentry
- Increased heat per shot for Supercharged Sentry from 0.015 to 0.017
- Reduced explosion damage when turret is destroyed by blaster fire from 150 to 25
- Lowered start damage from 17 to 16
- Lowered end damage from 9 to 8
- Reduced damage falloff end distance from 40 to 30 meters
- Reduced inner blast radius from 3.5 to 2 meters
- Increased outer blast radius from 5 to 6 meters
- Increased explosion damage from 55 to 100
- Reduced falloff start distance from 20 to 15 meters
- Reduced start damage of Explosive Shot from 29 to 26
- Reduced end damage of Explosive Shot from 10 to 8
- Reduced inner blast radius of Explosive Shot from 0.8 to 0.7 meters
- Reduced outer blast radius of Explosive Shot from 2 to 1.8 meters
- Reduced accuracy of the final shots when Burst Mod is equipped
- Trip Mine
- Increased the number of mines that can be deployed at the same time from 1 to 2
- Raised the time until the mines disappeared after death from 5 to 15 seconds
- Fixed a bug where both the Officer’s Recharge Command and Finn’s Big Deal abilities were not affecting Heroes or Special Units properly
- Fixed an issue where each sector on the minimap would not light up properly the first time an enemy fired
- Reduced fade in time for a minimap sector from 0.3 to 0.1 seconds
- Stability improvements
- Miscellaneous bug fixing