Want to have some fun with Star Wars: Battlefront‘s beta? Nothing easier, as it’ll be fully open on all platforms, with no need for a registration, and it’ll come on October 8th.
The beta will end on October 12th, and will include three modes:
- Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.
- Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test.
- Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers and more.
In order to clear any doubt, EA DICE also posted a handy FAQ, that you can read below:
What is the Star Wars Battlefront Beta?
- The Beta is an opportunity for the team at DICE to test various aspects of the game and its online infrastructure. Because of this players may experience interruptions to their gameplay during the Beta period.
Do I need to register for the Beta?
- The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is open to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Origin for PC players. There is no need to register. The Star Wars Battlefront Companion is available during the beta to all players with an EA Account at www.StarWarsBattlefront.com.
When is the Star Wars Battlefront Beta?
- The Star Wars Battlefront Beta and Companion will be available on October 8 and will end on October 12. The Beta and Companion is open to players around the world, so everyone will get a chance to live out their Star Wars battle fantasies.
What time will the Beta and Companion be available on October 8?
- Time will vary by platform and region. Please come back and visit the Star WarsBattlefront Beta hub or follow us on Twitter for all the latest information.
When will the Beta and Companion end?
- The Beta will end on October 12. Exact times vary by platform and region.
Where can I find the Beta?
- For PlayStation 4, the Beta will be available in the PSN Store. For Xbox One, players can find it in the Xbox Live Marketplace. On Origin for PC, it will be under the Demo & Betas section of the Origin store.
How big will the Beta download be?
- On PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the download will be around 7GB. On Origin for PC, the download will be close to 11GB.
Can I pre-load the Beta?
- You can pre-load the Beta on Origin for PC beginning at 1am PT/10am CET on Wednesday, October 7th. Check https://www.origin.com/store/free-games/demos-betas on October 7th at 1am PT to start your pre-load.
Is there a level cap?
- The Beta level cap with allow you to advance to level five. Once you hit the level cap you will no longer be able to progress to higher levels, though you will still be able to unlock items in the Beta.
Do my stats and progression carry over to the main game?
- Stats and progression will not carry over to the final game or the final companion experience.
How many players does each mode support?
- Walker Assault supports up to 40 players, 20 per side, with Drop Zone supporting 16. The Survival Mission can be played by yourself or with a friend via online co-op or local split-screen. Local split-screen is available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only.
Will there be a mobile app for the Companion?
- During the Beta, the Companion will only be playable via browser atwww.StarWarsBattlefront.com. Prior to the release of Star Wars Battlefront, the Companion will be available on web and in the Apple App Store™ and Google Play™ store. Note that stats and progression earned during the beta will not carry over to the final Companion experience.
What browsers does the Companion support?
- The latest version of Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as Internet Explorer 11.
That’s good timing, considering that October 8th is the day I return home from Tokyo. I guess I’ll have something to make me feel better about leaving the grand capital of all things geek.