StarCraft II Will Be Released at Midnight at the Following Locations in Europe + Australia
If you are anywhere near a game retailer between 9:30pm and midnight of July 26th, 2010 then you may want to get yourself in on some early StarCraft II action via the midnight launch plans going on in locations like the EB Games in Brisbane City, Australia. Those who wish to get there copy at midnight must have it pre-ordered by 12pm July 21st at ebgames.com.au. If you aren’t in Brisbane, no worries, check out the full list of participating stores for Australia here. The event should be a good time for long-time StarCraft‘ers wish the chance to participate in trivia contests, cosplay contests, an interesting photo opportunity, and even a “sound-alike” contest which will have players trying to imitate their favorite StarCraft unit.
Not living or currently in the beautiful land of Australia and still want to pick up your game early? No problem! Hit the break for the rest of the locations scattered around Europe where gamers can pick up StarCraft II at midnight, as well as the details of which game developers who worked on the game will be at what location. Don’t say we didn’t warn you, this will be StarCraft-tastic, so if you aren’t okay with that just stay home!
- London, UK @ Store: GAME (location map) with Carl Chimes (Lead Software Engineer) in attendance.
- Berlin, Germany @ Store: Media Markt (location map) with Rob McNaughton (Lead Technical Artist) in attendance.
- Paris, France @ Store: FNAC (location map) with Dustin Browder (Game Director) in attendance.
- Stockholm, Sweden @ Store: Webhallen (location map) with Chris Sigaty (Production Director) in attendance.
- Moscow, Russia @ Store: Media Markt (location map) with Tony Hsu (Game Producer) in attendance.