Point and Click Adventure Space Game StarFlint: The Blackhole Prophecy Goes Live on Square Enix Collective
Today, France-based developer Stunmason Games’ point and click adventure space game, StarFlint: The Blackhole Prophecy, went live on Square Enix Collective.
In development for PC, Mac, and Linux, Starflint is a hand-drawn, cartoon-style, point and click adventure game that takes place in a faraway future, where the power in the galaxy is in the hands of the most powerful corporations, and where several races are in constant battle.
Wanting to offer a new-type of point and click adventure game, Stunmason Games has incorporated a management dimension to the game. Basically — per the developer — it is a point and click meets Fallout Shelter.
Here’s an extensive overview of the game via its Square Enix Collective Page:
Travel around the Globes, under the Seas, into Outer Space… and Beyond!
Join Trixie and Flint as they confront the dark galaxy. An adventure game where your choices will control their story.
Two destinies, full of sound and fury, amid humor and social criticism. A SF explosive cocktail told and brought to life by Stunmason Games.
Take a young smuggler, Flint, throw him in space amid piles of scrap metal (superb!), Improbable critters (but disgusting!), Bad guys (awful!), Curvy creatures (and who know exactly what they want) and above all, enrobe all that with virtuosity, elegance and the sense of rhythm. Then link him to the life of a great pirate captain sought by all and you get one of the few video game adventures where the future is played with a laugh!
Together, they will explore the galaxy, meeting many suspicious alien characters and uncovering the mysteries behind a larger conspiracy. Spiced up with a good dose of humor, players will be able to customize their underground facility to earn money and accommodate more employees, expand their rooms, open up new possibilities, side quests and new places to explore.
Starflint is a Point’n Click 2D role playing game. The player always has two possibilities to overcome an enigma. By solving a simple puzzle or borrowing a more difficult path that will lead him to solve a much more complicated puzzle. Obviously the reward will not be the same depending on the path chosen. The puzzles will always be logical, you will never have to assemble an elastic with a candle to defuse a bomb!
The player is completely free to explore the world of Starflint and its various planets in the order he pleases. He is able to discuss with the characters he meets, allowing him to collect valuable clues to progress, both in the main quest and in the side quests.
Once a planet discovered, the player can develop his business.
Starflint puts you in control of a secret facility.
With the help of a unique playable character, build the perfect building choosing from a wide range of rooms, unlock them by completing quests, supervise employees and engage them during your adventure.
All the characters you’ll meet across the galaxy will be able to join your business, if of course, you know how to persuade them or do them a favor.
Once visited, these places are also be available for Trixie and Flint. Opening some side quests for our heroes.
– Not an episodic game – We will offer you a unique and full adventure with Starflint the Blackhole Prophecy. No episodes but one complete game for your unique pleasure!
– Choosiness On A Massive Scale – Players will make choices which affect the game, the future dialogs with NPC and their story.
– A Living World – The goal is for everything to be interactive, to reward players who poke and prod at every last item and object with insight, secrets, and humor.
– Multiple Protagonists – Each crew member will have his role to play, they are not just there to make the figuration!
– Multiple endings – You have the power to write the story, with complete freedom of approach and it’s your choices which change the game. There will be a great replayability. Depending on your choices. Like on the Mass Effect games or Blade Runner point’n click game. Multiple possibilities and endings for Trixie and Flint during their journey!
– Collectables and achievements – On each planet some collectable items concealed in the scenery are to be found. Starflint will be stuffed with many amusing achievements for the bravest.
– A galaxy far far away – Explore the galaxy aboard your spaceship and with your alien crew. You will meet many intriguing and suspicious aliens characters, in a universe where races are multiple with their own culture. You will explore a wide range of planets, each different from the other, all even more dangerous than the other. The player will have to learn the language of a civilization, in order to understand and communicate with its members.
– Not For Kids – Complex relationships will be explored with themes of family, loss, and identity influenced by horror with blood contents, sci-fi, and mystery genres. StarFlint is an adult-themed video game. The player can make choices that will lead him to see some romance scenes.
As mentioned above, the game is in development for PC, Mac, and Linux. However, depending on the game’s success when it takes to Kickstarter (a launch date for said Kickstarter was not revealed), it may also launch on Xbox One. Further, depending on levels of support and interest, the developer would also consider bringing the game to PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Additionally, Stunmason Games is looking to release the Shelter aspect of the game in independently from Starflint on mobile and tablet. Further details on this were not revealed.
As you may have noticed the game is being published by Square Enix Collective. For those that don’t know: Square Enix Collective is a curated platform that has been created to act as a service provider to independent developers, either through helping build a community, helping to raise funds via Kickstarter, or with support for releasing games.
Developers who work with SEC always retain the IP and creative control. Every week SEC posts a new pitch to its website from a developer somewhere around the world. Beyond eyeballs and support, these teams are said to be looking for feedback on what works, what doesn’t, and on whether or not the game should pursue a Kickstarter. SEC specifically uses the feedback and votes as a guide to which projects it wants to support.
Accompanying the launch on Square Enix Collective is a new trailer for the game — you can check it out below: