Steam Client Updated for all Operating Systems, Steam VR, and Streaming
Valve has released a new update for their Steam client that introduces a lot of fixes ranging from general performance to big picture mode and Steam VR.
These fixes include a crash when resizing windows for Steam, a crash/reset when selecting a local file to upload to a web page while using the in-game overlay, a warning message when launching VR games with an incompatible headset, and some fixes for Steam crashing on the host computer while streaming to another monitor.
You can read the full patch notes from Steam’s update page below.
- Fixed issues where the download rate could display an unreasonably large number
- Fixed missing Workshop content when a game is uninstalled and then reinstalled
- Fixed a rare crash when resizing windows
- Fixed several issues with line-wrapping inside of text entry boxes
- Added a short idle-timer to the Client Update dialog box so that future updates will not pop up while you are in the middle of typing
- Fixed performance issues with when running Vulkan applications on AMD hardware
- Fixed a crash/reset when attempting to select a local file for upload to a web page
- Fixed unexpected navigation caused by throttle-like joystick inputs that are not centered at zero
- Removed an erroneous prompt to opt into the client Beta under some circumstances
Mac OS X
- Improved UI responsiveness when typing text in large chat windows
- Fixed a bug where the In-Game Overlay could be the wrong size in Retina-aware games
Linux / SteamOS
- Fixed a case where the incorrect cursor could be displayed after hiding the In-Game Overlay
- Fixed client not being able to launch if the Steam Runtime was disabled by the user
- Improved responsiveness when saving new controller configurations, especially for newly-released games
- Fixed a possible crash when streaming to the Steam Link
- Fixed several issues related to DOOM (2016), including Steam Link compatibility
- Added initial support for viewing stereo screenshots in VR
- Added warning messages when launching VR games with incompatible headsets
- Added a per-game setting that allows non-Steam games to show in the VR library
- Fixed an issue causing the foreground application to quit when the Desktop tab is selected in the VR dashboard.
- Fixed the “Use Desktop Game Theater” setting not working for non-Steam games
- Fixed a common cause of Steam crashing on the host computer while streaming
- Improved performance and reduced latency when streaming Vulkan applications