Steam Summer Sale Is Now Live Until Early July
Go forth and save on all these titles with the Steam Summer Sale—now featuring a Grand Prix.
It appears that the Steam Summer Sale 2019 start and end dates that leaked last month were accurate (as they often are), as today marks the beginning of the two-week long discount extravaganza. From now until July 9, we can enjoy purchasing so many games at slashed prices that we’ll be lucky if we play half of them.
Out of the thousands of games seeing significant price reductions, quite a few stand out. Here are a few worthy of your funds:
- Devil May Cry 5 ($39.59–34% off)
- Monster Hunter: World ($29.99–50% off)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice ($47.99–20% off)
- SoulCalibur VI ($19.79–67% off)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Complete Edition ($14.99–70% off)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey ($29.99–50% off)
- Astroneer ($22.49–25% off)
- Crypt of the Necrodancer ($2.99–80% off)
- Hollow Knight ($8.99–40% off)
- Dark Souls III ($14.99–75% off)
- Resident Evil 2 ($39.59–34% off)
If you’re looking to save even more money by getting games for free, you can try your hand at the Steam Grand Prix. As long as you have a wishlist filled with games that are currently available for purchase, you’re eligible to earn points that can net you games.
It works like this–join one of five teams (pig, hare, cockatiel, tortoise, and corgi) and complete Grand Prix quests to earn distance points. One quest example is playing any game with Steam achievements for at least 30 minutes. The more distance points you earn, the closer you get to receiving a team boost that’ll propel you towards the finish line.
Distance points are measured within 24 hour periods. At the end of each period, random members from the three teams who earned the most distance points will be awarded the top game in their wishlists–300 randoms from first place, 200 from second, and 100 from third. Wishlist prizes will similarly be distributed to the top three teams at the end of the entire race on July 7.