Steel Division: Normandy 44 Gets a New In-Engine Trailer
Check out the first in-engine trailer for Steel Division: Normandy 44.
Eugen Systems and Paradox Interactive released a new in-engine trailer for the recently announced Steel Division: Normandy 44 today.
Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a tactical real-time strategy game where players command historically accurate tanks, troops, and vehicles from World War II, with actual aerial reconnaissance photos of Normandy in 1944 being used as a reference when designing them. The game will have both a single-player campaign and online multiplayer modes, which includes up to 10 vs. 10 battles. You can check out a full list of the game’s features below:
- Command Over 400 Historically Accurate Units: Whether fighting for control in intense multiplayer battles with up to 10-vs-10 players going head-to-head, playing alone or working with friends in ranked matches, players will need to coordinate their selection of historically accurate infantry, tanks, aircraft, and support vehicles to counter enemy units in this Tactical RTS game.
- Real-world Tactics: Battles rage over three distinct phases, where different units unlock over time, mimicking the movements of real-world armies and adding variety to the ever-changing theatre of war. A dynamic front line illustrates the ebb and flow of the conflict. Pin down your opponent’s infantry to gain the advantage and force a retreat, or push through with a perfectly executed plan.
- Real-world Setting: Using the latest version of Eugen’s IRISZOOM engine, players can smoothly zoom from a tactical aerial view all the way down to a single unit, and see 400 different real-world vehicles and units designed with careful historical detail and accuracy. Maps are designed based on actual aerial reconnaissance photos of Normandy in 1944, requiring real-world tactics and strategies to cover and control.
- Outplan, Outsmart, Outgun: From battlegroup customization to troop positioning and maneuvering, winning battles requires cunning and strategy, not just raw firepower. Each unit lost presents a growing tactical disadvantage, and players will need to fight to gain — and keep — the upper hand.
The companies will also be holding three livestreams of the game this weekend from EGX Rezzed on Paradox’s Twitch channel. You can check out the times and contents of the streams below:
- Thursday, March 30th, 14:30 GMT: Developer Stream with Paradox and Eugen
- Friday, March 31st , 11:00 GMT: Live Multiplayer
- Saturday, April 1st, 11:30 GMT: Live Multiplayer
You can watch the trailer below. Steel Division: Normandy 44 will release on PC later this year.