Today, developer Sproing and publisher 505 Games’ turn-based strategy game about waging war on a pandemic disease, Quarantine, is out on PC via Steam Early Access. And to celebrate, the pair have a released a new trailer.
First time hearing about Quarantine? Don’t sweat it — here’s an overview with everything you need to know:
Quarantine is an intense turn-based strategy game about waging war on global disease.
As the director of Pandemic Defense, an international biosecurity agency, you must respond to the onslaught of widespread, deadly contagions. A new pathogen has arrived and every turn counts—our survival rests in your hands.
Recruit a team of specialized operatives and deploy them on high-stakes missions across the globe. Research the disease, upgrade your tech, and quarantine the outbreak before it infects—and kills—us all.
Find the cure. Save the world. Win the war on disease with the ultimate survival game!
• Immersive Graphics and Authentic Setting. Inspired by real-world science and epidemic response, experience the tough choices and nail-biting suspense in this modern fight for humanity.
• Battle Against 3 Lethal Pathogens: virus, bacteria, and prion — each with unique behaviors and devastating effects.
• Recruit Your Team. Choose from dozens of operatives in four specializations—Medic, Scientist, Diplomat, and Security. Deploy them on missions as critical situations unfold around the globe. Level them up—and keep them alive—in the face of escalating danger.
• Expand Your Reach. Set up field bases and raise crucial funding. Don’t let cities fall into chaos: the livelihood of your organization—and the world—depends on it.
• Devious Disease AI. Contain your enemy before it infects new sites and spawns catastrophic events. Race against the clock before the contagion mutates and evolves past your defenses.
• Advance Your Tech. Unlock upgrades and new operations on the diverse tech tree to adapt your strategy and refine your play style.
• Hit The Lab. Collect biological samples from hotspots to research the disease’s randomly generated traits. Use the results to turn the tide and find the cure.
• Hours Of Replayability. Increase your resistance with easy challenges so you can endure Nature’s worst. Three difficulty modes, four leaders, a variety of starting locations, and unpredictable gameplay ensure that no two games are the same.
Quarantine is available for $14.99 USD, however, if you purchase the game before February 16th, you will receive a 10% discount. Below, you can check out the early access launch trailer: