Submerged Developer Announces City of Brass for PC, Xbox One, and PS4
City of Brass lets you play as a sword-wielding thief as you try and reach the center of the city.
Today the developer behind the popular Submerged, Uppercut Games, has announced its brand new title City of Brass.
City of Brass is a first-person action-adventure game inspired by the stories found in Arabian Nights. In it, you’ll play as blade and whip-wielding thief, as you battle your way into the heart of your city. One of the most fascinating things about the game is the setting. Each level is tweaked every time you play it, in order to ensure that no two playthroughs are the same. You’ll also be able to come across Genies during your time in the City of Brass. They will usually be helpful, allowing you to purchase gear and other items from them, however the developer hinted that some may not be so friendly.
You can check out the full features list for the title below:
- Collect treasure to increase your score, plunder chests for weapon and armor upgrades or powerful relics – but make it to the exit in time or face death by dervish…
- Incarcerated within the city, and most are friendly… Some will barter gear, upgrades, secrets, unlocks or protections in return for loot. Use one of three wishes to unlock a powerful benefit, or for a king’s ransom, buy a genie’s freedom in return for help in the final battle.
- When your sword just isn’t enough, get creative: smash your enemies with explosive vases, blind them with a brick to the face, or force them into traps.
- The city is filled with wretched spirits of all flavors, all with unique behaviors, all with the singular character defect that they want to kill you.
- The algorithms that create each level are tweaked to generate a logically laid out cityscape of interconnected chambers, courtyards and corridors.
- The rhythmic interplay of blade and lash has been carefully tuned along with sprinting, crouching, sliding, leaping and vaulting to give a fluid, balanced and natural feel to the movement and melee.
- For the ultimate test, experienced players can encumber themselves with Divine Burdens, global modifiers that change enemy abilities, spawn behaviors or multiply environmental hazards.
- No two playthroughs are ever the same: play, die, and play again, each time using what you’ve learned to get further. Are you tenacious enough to reach the heart of the City of Brass?
The developer also released a cinematic trailer, which introduces you to the world you’ll be stepping into, as well as a short gameplay trailer to coincide with the announcement of the game. You can check them out at the end of the article.
City of Brass is set to be released on Steam sometime in the fall of 2017, while the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version will launch in 2018.