Today, during a panel at MomoCon, Grasshopper Manufacture and NIS America announced that Goichi “SUDA51” Suda’s Killer7 is coming back.
The game will be released on Steam, and it’ll come in the fall, with a more precise release window still pending. It will include both English and Japanese audio, on top of English, Japanese, French, and German subtitles.
If you’re not familiar with the game, you can enjoy a features list below:
From the minds of iconoclast writer/director SUDA51 (Goichi Suda) and legendary directors Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Shinji Mikami, killer7 returns for the first time in over 13 years! From the renowned studio Grasshopper Manufacture, Ltd. comes a cult classic adventure game that cemented the studio’s international fame and recognition.
Dive into a dark world of underground assassins in a tale of revenge as Harman Smith, a man who manifests 7 deadly personalities into the real world, known as the killer7. Take control of this distinct murderers’ row as they hunt down the sinister Kun Lan, to stop his plan of world dominance, and end his organization of deadly suicide bombers known as “Heaven Smile.”
- Multiple Personalities – Take control of Harman’s distinct 7 personalities, each with their own appearance, personality, weapon of choice and special ability.
- A Sinister Foe – Face off against the “Heaven Smile” organization in a unique combination of first and third-person shooting mechanics.
- Killer Moves – Utilize the full host of killer7’s special abilities to reveal secrets and solve puzzles.
- Your Pick – Switch between personalities at will to best tackle every encounter.
- A Dark Path Awaits – Follow a deeply engaging storyline brought to you by one of the highly acclaimed creators of all time, SUDA51.
- A New Look – Optimized for PC, now experience the cult classic like it never has before!
- A Killer Style – A timeless visual style that wowed audiences from its first reveal, perfectly ported to modern machines.
The game was originally released in 2005 for PlayStation 2 and GameCube. At the moment no other platforms have been announced for this re-release.
You can check out the announcement trailer and a few screenshots below. Incidentally, the Steam page for the game is already open even if pre-orders are yet to be made available.