Sudden Strike 4 Receives an Awesome Gameplay Trailer
Kite Games and Kalypso Media released the first gameplay trailer for Sudden Strike 4 today. This revival of a dormant franchise was revealed back in August.
Along with showing more footage of the single player and multiplayer modes of this RTS game, the video showcases the return of the “pause and play” system that allows players to suspend the action while they issue detailed commands to the units that they control.
The trailer also highlights commanders, one of the most significant new features of Sudden Strike 4. Players will be able to choose from nine historically accurate commanders who each have their own unique abilities, perks, and skill trees.
Sudden Strike 4 will have the following features:
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and manoeuvres to your units.
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
You can watch the gameplay trailer below. Sudden Strike 4 is coming to PC, PS4, Mac, and Linux in Spring of 2017. Players can currently pre-order the game on Steam at a 15% discount to receive a digital soundtrack, digital artbook, and the Battle of Kursk DLC.