Sudden Strike 4 PC Beta Starts Today; New Trailer Released
Beta access to Sudden Strike 4 is now available for those who pre-ordered the game via Steam. In addition, anyone who pre-orders the game will also be granted immediate access to the Sudden Strike Trilogy, absolutely free.
Kalypso Media announced today that the beta for its upcoming strategy game Sudden Strike 4, begins today for those who pre-ordered the game. The beta will run up until the game officially releases on August 11, 2017. Additionally, a new trailer was released today for the game as well, which can be seen below.
To sweeten the pot a little more, anyone who pre-orders Sudden Strike 4 will also receive an exclusive multiplayer map, the game’s soundtrack, a digital download of the Sudden Strike 4 art book and the original Sudden Strike Trilogy. Both the trilogy and beta access are available immediately after pre-ordering.
For those who have never heard of Sudden Strike 4, here is a quick overview of the game and its features:
Developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot, Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Prove your tactical expertise in over 20 demanding single player scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode, and the competitive multiplayer mode. A new reward system rewards clever and tactical play, awarding the player with skill points and bonus content, such as historical film footage of the era.
Sudden Strike 4 offers countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmaneuver the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes – how you approach each mission is up to you!
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and manoeuvres to your units
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Sudden Strike 4 is scheduled to release on PC via Steam on August 11, 2017. A PS4 version is also scheduled to release on August 15, 2017.