Summer Lesson’s New Waifu Beats Shadow of War’s Orc Husbandos in Japanese PS4 Download Chart
Apparently, Japanese gamers tend to prefer Summer Lesson's waifus to Middle-earth: Shadow of War's husbandos, which is pretty unsurprising.
The chart is related to the period between October 9th and October 17th, and you can check it out below.
- Dead Rising
- Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo Seven Days Etude
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
- No Heroes Allowed! VR
- Dragon Quest III
- Final Fantasy IX
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3: Season Pass Edition
- Dragon Quest X: All in One Package
- Darksiders II: Definitive Edition
- Minecraft: Story Mode – Season Two
- Lost Sphear
- Kaiji VR: Zetsubo no Tekkotsu Watari
- FIFA 18
- Dragon Quest II
- Mega-Healthy Tropico 5 Complete Edition
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
- Summer Lesson: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days
Dead Rising has been at the top of the chart for two weeks due to an ongoing sale, but things get interesting starting in second place. Middle-earth: Shadow of War might let you recruit a lot of orc husbandos, but it was not able to beat the single waifu in the third Summer Lesson game Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo Seven Days Etude. Looks like there are a lot of Japanese gamers who love the idea of being stared down by Bandai Namco’s new ojosama.
Interestingly, there are a few VR titles in the mix, probably due to the effect of the solid sales of the new model of PlayStation VR, that even brought back the second Summer Lesson game, Summer Lesson: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days.
Unfortunately, Tokyo RPG Factory’ Lost Sphear debuted rather weakly, while it did a bit better at retail (selling about 13,000 copies between PS4 and Nintendo Switch). Hopefully, it’ll do better when it comes out in the west on January 23rd.