Konami released update 1.4 for its Nintendo Switch launch title Super Bomberman R. This patch brought new maps, Team Battles, and new accessories to the game, but interestingly also added Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2, Simon Belmont from Castlevania, and Vic Viper from Gradius as playable characters.
Each of the three new characters, who were teased back in April, has their own special ability to help them in battle. Pyramid Head Bomber can obliterate enemies instantly upon contact, while Simon Belmont Bomber can draw in characters and bombs from far away with his whip, and Vic Viper Bomber has a super-fast movement speed.
A I mentioned before, Team Battle is now available as a Battle Rule. In this mode, players can create their own teams and face other ones from around the world. Players also have the ability to set up to 4-team Battles, as well as 1v4 to gives themselves a real challenge. The new maps added are Plain Floor, Desert Fort, Classic Conveyor Belt, and Panic Factory, and they each have their own unique twist to change up the Super Bomberman R formula. All of these new things are unlocked through the game’s shop by using free gems.
You can check out the full list of patch notes and some screenshots of the new maps below. Super Bomberman R is currently available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch.
- Team Battles – Players can create their own teams to battle against other players from around the world. Once all other team colours have been wiped out, the last team standing declares victory. Set 3-team or 4-team battles, as well as 1v4 to create the ultimate challenge!
- New Maps for Battle Mode:
- Plain Floor – A large open space in the middle of the stage creates an intense battle
- Desert Fort – Strategically manoeuvre between moving red tiles to win
- Classic Conveyor Belt – The well-known conveyor belt from past series is back!
- Panic Factory – Covered mostly with conveyor belts, this stage creates a chaotic battle
- 3 New Characters – Pyramid Head, Simon Belmont and Vic Viper join the battle, each with a special ability:
- Pyramid Head Bomber from Silent Hill: Defeat your enemies instantaneously when in contact
- Simon Belmont Bomber from Castlevania: Draw in bombs and characters from far away
- Vic Viper Bomber from Gradius: Super-fast movement
- New Accessories
- Snowflake Series
- Item Series