Super Mario Maker Grabs Top and Metal Gear Solid V Slides in Major Japanese Retailer’s Sales Chart
Like every week, the major Japanese retailer Tsutaya is the first to give us a glimpse on sales in the Japanese market with its own chart. This week we see the debut of Super Mario Maker and the second week performance of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
- Super Mario Makrer – Wii U
- Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX – 3DS
- Dragon Quest VIII – 3DS
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – PS4
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – PS3
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Limited Edition – PS3
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Limited Edition – PS4
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad – 3DS
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer – 3DS
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team – 3DS
- Minecraft: PS Vita Edition – PS Vita
- Rhythm Tengoku The Best + – 3DS
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer with NFC Reader – 3DS
- Famicom Remix Best Choice – 3DS
- Dragon’s Dogma Online – PS4
- Until Dawn – PS4
- Monster Hunter 4G – 3DS
- Super Robot Wars BX – 3DS
- Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin – 3DS
Predictably, Super Mario Maker pushed all the way to first place, and the remake of Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village also launched successfully on 3DS.
Metal Gear Solid V slides to position four to seven, but its performance is divided between two platforms and two editions per platform. It was almost sold out last week too, so lack of stock at the beginning of the week might have influenced sales.
One thing remains constant, though. Splatoon keeps proving itself as one of this year’s sleeper hits, by continuing to hover around the middle of the ranking, even after four months from its release.
While Tsutaya’s chart covers only its own stores, the high number of locations spread across Japan, makes it a good indication for what we’re going to see on Wednesday with Media Create. It’ll be interesting to see if Metal Gear Solid will manage to push higher then, as Media Create counts different editions together.