Super Smash Bros. Ultimate — How to Unlock Sephiroth Early
Find out how you can easily unlock Sephiroth ahead of his launch on December 22.
Yesterday, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate producer Masahiro Sakurai offered a deep dive into the game’s latest DLC character, Final Fantasy VII antagonist, Sephiroth. During the reveal, he showed off the character’s new moves, music, stage and release date.
The official release date for the character, his nine new tracks, new stage and four new Mii Fighter costumes is December 22. During the presentation, however, Sakurai offered an interesting challenge for players, giving them the chance to unlock Sephiroth a few days early.
We’ve broken it down into a few simple steps on how you can unlock the One-Winged angel ahead of his official launch.
The steps are as follows:
- Ensure you have either the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass Volume 2 or Sephiroth challenger pack purchased.
- Load up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and press the plus button to enter the “Sephiroth Challenge”.
- The screen then loads up a Final Fantasy VII style menu — you can select any of the Easy, Normal or Very Hard difficulties to unlock Sephiroth.
- You will then enter a one on one stamina battle with the villain — the difficulty you choose will result in Sephiroth having different levels of stamina. On easy he will have 100 HP, Normal 150 HP and Very Hard will give him 200hp.
- At this point, you need to simply defeat Sephiroth before he defeats you.
It really is as simple as that. You can take the challenge as many times as you need and upon completion, you will unlock the character, the music and his Northern Cave stage.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is out now for the Nintendo Switch, along with both Fighter Pass Volume 1 and 2.