Super Smash Bros Ultimate Patch 1.1.0 Adds Hard Difficulty to World of Light
Super Smash Bros Ultimate patch 1.1.0 has been released and it adds a hard mode to the World of Light single-player mode, a Mii fighter costume, and more!
The first Super Smash Bros Ultimate patch is out alongside the game today, and its biggest feature is adding a new hard difficulty setting to its Adventure Mode (World of Light).
Some replay data will not be available once you download and install the Super Smash Bros Ultimate patch so if you want to save whatever has been saved you will have to convert them in the Vault by choosing “Convert to Video” before updating your copy of the game. World of Light is the Adventure mode, the single player section of Super Smash Bros Ultimate that was introduced with the wild trailer that killed everyone except Kirby. A Mii Fighter costume from Xenoblade Chronicles 2‘s Rex has been added and players can now receive presents from others.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate just came out today and you can use our handy guide to unlock all of the characters inside as we wait for Joker from Persona 5 to arrive. You can also check out our feature on the history of the Super Smash Bros franchise from 1999 to now.
The full Super Smash Bros Ultimate patch notes can be found below:
- Added a Hard difficulty to Adventure mode.
- Online now includes Quickplay, Battle Arenas, Spectate, and Background Matchmaking.
- Global Smash Power will now be displayed.
- Note that the above requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
Game Data Adjustments
- The ability to receive spirit event data has been added.
- The ability to receive presents has been added.
- The special bonus for the Fighters Pass, Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s Rex’s Mii Fighter costume (Swordfighter type), has been added.
- Game balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
- To enter Online mode, your software must be updated to the latest version.
- Different versions are not compatible for Local Wireless Battles. Please make sure that all players are using the same version of the software.
For users who have played prior to this update using either the digital or physical game, please be aware of the following
- Replays saved in older versions of the software are not compatible with new updates. Be sure to convert your replays before updating the software.