Paradox Interactive announced today that two new free updates for Surviving Mars, the survival management game from Haemimont Games.
“Da Vinci,” or Creative Mode, will allow players to take more creative liberties with their Martian colonies and will launch today for PC and consoles shortly after. This update includes stress-reducing features such as buildings that do not require maintenance, immortal colonists, and a starting budget of $100 trillion.
The “Sagan” update, for the explorer who felt that surviving the inhospitable desert of Mars was simply too easy, will launch for all platforms in September. Including 30 major challenges to overcome, this update summarizes a new level of adversity for the hardened survivalist that enjoys living life in the fast lane, where nothing comes easy.
Da Vinci features include:
- Fit as Fiddles – No need to fret over these super-powered colonists as they cannot die from starvation, suffocation or exposure. They’ll stay healthy and happy never dropping below 50 health or sanity no matter what your creative mind cooks up for them.
- More Money, Fewer Problems – Kick off your adventure with a cool $100 trillion in funding burning a hole in your rocket, no questions asked.
- A Stroll Down Easy Street – Building your dreams has never been easier with buildings that not only don’t require resources to be constructed but also can never malfunction due to lack of maintenance.
Sagan features include:
- All Outta Luck – Face 30 new major challenges in separate playthroughs each with their own parameters for success, including sponsor, commander profile, active game rules and map coordinates.
- Not All Wins are Created Equal – You may have risen to the challenge but it’ll take a true strategist to master it. Each challenge will have an associated rating and it’ll take speed and skills to achieve an “Excellent” rating – otherwise, you’ll have to settle for “Good”.
It was only in March this year that Surviving Mars dropped a new trailer showcasing new scenery shots from the title, as well as some gameplay. For your viewing pleasure, you can also find the promotional artwork for this update below.
Surviving Mars is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC, OS X, and Linux.