Back in January of last year, Switchblade’s closed beta made its way to PlayStation 4 and PC. Now, the developers have announced that the vehicular combat MOBA is set to finally hit early access on the aforementioned systems starting August 28, 2018, more than a half of a year after the game was originally supposed to launch.
To celebrate the announcement of the early access period, developer Lucid Games have revealed a brand new trailer for the game. The trailer, which clocks in at around a minute long, shows off some never-before-seen gameplay. As always, you can check it out at the end of the article.
Of course, the early access version of Switchblade will differ slightly from what was available in the previous betas, including the addition of daily rewards, challenges, new levels, and more. You can check out the full list of additions, straight from the game’s Steam page, below the aforementioned trailer.
As of the time of this writing, Switchblade doesn’t have a full, release date yet.
- Players are rewarded for logging into the game.
- Daily Login progress persists and is not reset for missed days. This means that players who log in more frequently receive their rewards more often, whilst players who don’t aren’t punished.
- Daily Challenges are tasks that can be completed once in a 24 hour period.
- 3 Daily Challenges can be activated at once.
- Once per 24h period players can choose to “re-roll” an active Daily Challenge. This replaces the “re-rolled” challenge with a randomly selected challenge from the pool. This is used for players who may not like a particular challenge or may wish to see if a re-roll yields a challenge that can be completed in tandem with their other active challenges.
Progress toward Daily Challenges can be earned in any game mode (i.e.
- Quick Play, Competitive Ranked, etc.).
- The Blade Master Challenge persists until the reward is earned.
- When a Blade Master Challenge is completed, progress is reset.
- Complete Daily Challenges to increase your Blade Master rank and earn even better rewards.
- Players can view their current challenges, progress and completion rewards in the Challenges UI.
Note: This screen is accessible from the Hall of Champions.
- Challenge progress is shown on the results screen or front-end using a notification when progress has been made toward a goal.
Players will be notified when a challenge has been completed but must visit the Challenges UI screen to claim their reward.
- Each vehicle now has a Mastery Level. Earn rewards for your favourite vehicles simply by playing them!
- Earning XP while using a vehicle increases that vehicle’s Mastery Level.
- Each Mastery Level has a reward. You can earn Battlepoints, Bit Cash and even exclusive Skins!
- Mastery Levels are capped at Level 20.