Tactical RPG Graywalkers: Purgatory Gets New Screenshots and Plans for Early Access in Q2 2017
Dreamlords Digital announced that their upcoming tactical turn-based RPG Graywalkers: Purgatory is set to launch on Steam early access in quarter 2 of 2017.
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world where Heaven and Hell have merged with Earth in an event known as “The Rupture”.
The developer details further:
The story happens on the new island of Purgatory, a place made up of displaced land masses from all over the world that have merged together. You play the prophesied leader of the Graywalkers, 36 individuals who are destined to protect mankind across history. Your goal is to unite all the factions together under your banner and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity against the supernatural forces that have dominated the world.
Following a successful KickStarter, the game boasts a combination of tactical elements found in XCom and Jagged Alliance.
The game’s key features:
- Game Modes – will have 3 game modes: Campaign, Skirmish (Mission Based), and Multiplayer will be added through a free update. Early Access will be released with the Skirmish mode first.
Strategic Management – Manage your resources, personnel, influence, technology, magic, and equipment
- Race – choose from 6 races (human, dhampir, Nephilim, cambion, wolfkin & hunterborne). More races will also be added through DLCs
- Character Paths – choose from 10 initial paths(classes) for your character to follow
- Characters – in addition to your custom character, you will be able to recruit from over 40+ playable NPCs, each with his own abilities, background and personality. Level them up and customize them as they improve
- Table-Top Experience – game utilizes a new table-top RPG system
Enemies – encounter creatures like vampires, demons, angels, werewolves, ghosts, witches, zombies, and many other supernatural enemies
- Resources – Scavenge for resources, rebuild lost technology, recover ancient relics, research new technologies, and craft objects from ordinary items that you find.
- Factions – choose your alliances from among various factions, with each having their own agendas.
Graywalkers: Purgatory is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
You can check out screenshots along with character models below: