Take-Two Still Coy On Rockstar’s “Exciting Future Projects;” Announces Financial Results
Today Take-Two announced its financial results for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2017, related to the period between April 1st and June 30th, 2017.
- GAAP net revenue grew to $311.6 million
- GAAP net loss narrowed to $0.46 per diluted share
- Non-GAAP net loss narrowed to $0.21 per diluted share
CEO Strauss Zelnick accompanied the press release with a comment.
“Fiscal 2017 is off to a solid start, with first quarter net revenue up 13% year-over-year, Our results were driven by the continued strong performance of Grand Theft Auto V and NBA 2K, coupled with growth in revenue and bookings from recurrent consumer spending, including record bookings from Grand Theft Auto Online.
We anticipate a robust holiday season for Take-Two, anchored by the upcoming launches of Mafia III, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, NBA 2K17 and WWE 2K17. We plan to continue to support our titles with an array of innovative offerings designed to promote ongoing engagement and drive recurrent consumer spending, including additional free content for Grand Theft Auto Online. Looking ahead, our exciting development pipeline extends well beyond the current fiscal year, and we expect to grow bookings and cash flow from operations in fiscal 2018.”
The company then shared a few highlights about both its subsidiaries Rockstar and 2K games. Interestingly, the company is still coy about the “exciting future projects” Rockstar is “hard at work” on, just mentioning that they will be announced soon.
- Released new free content updates for Grand Theft Auto Online, including:
- Cunning Stunts, which features a total of 27 brand-new, high-octane Stunt Races utilizing ramps, loops, wall rides, tubes, raised tracks and dynamic objects for a radical new take on Grand Theft Auto Online racing, along with 19 new vehicles, clothing and the launch of the Stunt Race Creator tools, which allow the community to make and share their own custom stunt races. Also added on August 2, 2016 was the Entourage Adversary Mode.
- Further Adventures in Finance and Felony – one of the game’s biggest and deepest updates yet, which expands the VIP experience of the Executives and Other Criminalsupdate to give players the opportunity to become CEO of their own Criminal Enterprise.Further Adventures in Finance and Felony combines all new gameplay with a host of special new vehicles, exciting new features and much more.
- A May 3, 2016 update featuring the new ‘In & Out’ Adversary Mode and more.
- Made Red Dead Redemption available as part of Microsoft’s Xbox One Backward Compatibility program, enabling owners of the Xbox 360 versions of Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare, and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition to play the game on Xbox One. In addition, Red Dead Redemption is now available for purchase through digital download from the Games Store on Xbox One.
- Rockstar Games also is hard at work on some exciting future projects that will be revealed soon.
- Launched Battleborn, a groundbreaking new title from the creators of Borderlands at Gearbox Software, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Battleborn is being supported with a rich array of both free and paid additional content, including a Season Pass, as well as the free-to-playBattleborn Tap companion App, which mirrors the game’s progression and loot system.
- Launched the physical release of Tales from the Borderlands, the critically acclaimed and award-winning episodic adventure game from Telltale Games, on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
- Released the BETA version of Evolve™ Stage 2, enabling consumers to play Evolve for free on PC via Steam. More than 1 million new players joined the hunt in the first week.
- XCOM® 2 is now planned for release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 27, 2016 inNorth America and September 30, 2016 internationally. Players who pre-order XCOM 2 orXCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition will receive the Resistance Warrior Pack.
- Announced that BioShock®: The Collection, which includes BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite completely remastered for new-generation consoles in full high resolution with up to 60 frames per second, will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC* on September 13, 2016 in North America, September 15, 2016 in Australia, and September 16, 2016internationally. BioShock: The Collection brings the three titles together for the first time, complete with all single-player DLC and a never-before-seen video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” which includes insights from series creator Ken Levine.
- Announced that Indiana Pacers All-Star shooting guard Paul George will be the cover athlete for NBA 2K17, which will launch on September 20, 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. 2K also revealed the return of NBA 2K Early Tip-Off Weekend, enabling fans who pre-order NBA 2K17 at participating North American retail and online vendors to receive their copy beginning on Friday, September 16, 2016, four days ahead of the game’s official street date, along with bonus in-game digital content. In addition, 2K will release the NBA 2K17 Kobe Bryant Legend Edition, celebrating the storied career of the recently retired Lakers icon, on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Announced that Brock Lesnar will be the cover Superstar for WWE® 2K17, which is scheduled for release on October 11, 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. In addition, Bill Goldberg will make his virtual return in WWE 2K17 through two playable characters representing his WCW® and WWE personas. The playable characters, along with two playable arenas, will be available as bonus content for those who pre-order the game at participating retailers.
- Announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI, the next entry in the award-winning turn-based strategy franchise that has sold-in over 35 million units, is currently in development for PC at Firaxis Games and planned for launch on October 21, 2016.
- Announced that Mafia III, the next installment in 2K’s successful organized crime series that is currently in development at Hangar 13, is planned for launch on October 7, 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Collector’s, deluxe and standard editions of Mafia III will be available for all three platforms, and those who pre-order any edition of Mafia III will receive the Family Kick-Back, which includes three exclusive vehicles and weapons available to players at launch.
Last, but not least, below is a list of games releasing in the current fiscal year.