Tatsumi Kimishima Will Succeed Satoru Iwata as President of Nintendo; “Fellow” Titles Established
After the passing of former President Satoru Iwata, Nintendo appointed a new Representative Director to cover the role. Iwata-san’s successor will be Tatsumi Kimishima.
If the name doesn’t ring a bell, Kimishima-san had a long career among Nintendo’s executives:
- Apr. 1973 – Joined The Sanwa Bank, Ltd. (currently The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.)
- Oct. 1998 – Appointed as General Manager of Shinbashi Branch o fThe Sanwa Bank, Ltd.
- Dec. 2000 – Appointed as Representative Director of The Pokémon Company
- Jan. 2002 – Appointed as Director of Nintendo of America Inc. (to present)
- Jun. 2002 – Appointed as Director of the Company (to present)
- May 2006 – Appointed as Director and Chairman (CEO) of Nintendo of America Inc.
- Jun. 2013 Appointed as Managing Director (to present) General Manager, Corporate Analysis & Administration Division (to present) and General Manager, General Affairs Division (to present)
- Jun. 2014 In charge of Human Resources Division (to present)
Nintendo explains the “Fellow” titles as follows: an individualselected from among the Representative Directors who has advanced knowledge and extensive experience, and holds the role of providing advice and guidance regarding organizational operations in a specialized area.