Terraria Console Update 1.25 Patch Notes Today (October 19)
A new patch arrives on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!
A brand new Terraria update was deployed earlier today (October 19) for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
As it was only a few weeks ago that the console versions of Terraria received the highly anticipated ‘Journey’s End‘ update, that means there won’t be any major features or content in today’s update.
Instead, some classic controller settings return along with plenty of bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Check out the full details and patch notes for the October `19 Terraria update right here in this article.
- READ MORE: How to Summon Empress of Light in Terraria 1.4 and What Is Her Loot
What’s New In Today’s Terraria Update?
According to Loki, who is a developer at Re-Logic, today’s Terraria update includes the return of Red’s Pick Analog, DPad Snap, and DPad Hotbar but with some new functionality compared to the previous versions.
Loki replied to a fan on Twitter to clarify that this is “as close to reds pick as possible” and is intended to act a bridge between the old and new.
As well as the return of these control schemes, there will also be plenty of other important bug fixes such as a fix for worlds auto-deleting themselves when closed. In a reply to a fan on Twitter, Loki stated that this was due to a world cap bug where the system mistakingly caps at 10 but the UI at 30, when both should be 30.
More details on all of the bug fixes and changes are expected to arrive with the official patch notes.
- READ MORE: Terraria 1.4 File Syncing Issue Explained & Fix for Xbox and PlayStation
Terraria Console Update & Patch Notes (October 19)
Below you will find the official patch notes for the October 19 Terraria update.
- “Classic” scheme has been changed to be the closest match Red’s Pick from the Console 1.3 Era (though it retains the ability to remap/add all of the new functions available with 1.4)
- D-Pad Cursor Snap feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding dpad to Grid Snap (see video below)
- D-Pad Hotbar feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding the four dpad directions to Dynamic Hotbar 1-4 (see video below)
- Grapple is now bound to B again, along with Interact – Interact may be bound to whatever button players have assigned for Secondary Fire or Grapple, but not any others in order to avoid numerous conflicts and edge case issues.
- Fixed an issue where the system was wrongly capping the maximum number of worlds at 10, but the UI was not recognizing this cap. The world/map cap is now 30 as originally intended, and the UI will enforce this (no New button if you have 30 or more worlds)
- Fixed an issue with not being able to add more offline players to splitscreen on PS4
- Fixed the mouse scroll wheel issues on PS4 and Xbox
- Fixed lag spikes caused by the growth of Pumpkins
- Fixed Player 2+ in split screen not being able to see the Traveling Merchant’s wares
- Fixed Thunderstorms in splitscreen causing blocks to become invisible
- Fixed time being frozen in non-journey worlds when joining a MP session from the tutorial
- Fixed the Angler’s quests not being updated for Clients in a MP session
- Fixed treasure bags only being dropped for one person in MP or Split screen
- Fixed Dungeon Casters and other Projectile weapons’ VFX not showing in the left hand side of the world
- Fixed Geodes not being able to be thrown on the ground to open them