Terraria’s Massive 1.3 Update Now on PS4 and Xbox One
Terraria's largest update ever is now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One giving the console versions more parity with its PC counterpart.
Developers Re-Logic and Pipeworks Studios alongside publisher 505 Games is bringing Terraria‘s massive 1.3 update to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
This update will give the game more parity with the PC version. In a statement from the press release, Neil Ralley, President of 505 Games, discusses this, as well as how it will benefit the players:
“Our teams have put an immense amount of work into this update so our fans on console will have access to all the same features and improvements available for PC, providing a truly fresh experience for even long-time players and allowing them to experience the game all over again.”
The 1.3 update, the largest one to be implemented, adds a slew of features including new modes, events, crafting, and more. The lengthy 1.3 Changelog is available on Terraria‘s forum, but here is a brief overview of the changes that will now be live on consoles:
- A host of new enemies and events to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Brand new underground biomes to explore ? Granite, Marble and more!
- New Expert mode designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans – with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Changes to NPCs, as well as some new friendly faces
- More than 800 new items to discover ? bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
- Numerous quality of life upgrades and features that until now were only available on PC
Terraria initially released in 2011 for PC. It is now available for almost every modern gaming platform imaginable with a Nintendo Switch version coming soon. For those who don’t know, it is a 2D action-adventure sandbox game that incorporates survival and crafting gameplay elements. Early last year, Re-Logic announced its popular title has sold over 20 million copies since it launched.
If the Xbox One is your primary platform of choice, now would be a good time to pick up Terraria; the game is on sale for 70% percent off until March 5th, 2018.