Tetris Effect Announced for PS4 and PlayStation VR by REZ Creator
The announcement was for Tetris Effect by Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s Enhance Games. If Mizuguchi’s name rings a bell, he is the man behind Rez and Lumines.
The game will come this fall for PS4 with a PlayStation VR mode included, and it will be playable at E3. On top of this, the developer is looking into the possibility of a releasing a demo down the line.
An accompanying press release spelled out the features that will be included in the game:
- From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc. and Resonair.
- Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
- Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4™Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.
- Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
- A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.
The press release did not mention full exclusivity, but not other platforms were mentioned, at least for now.
This announcement was part of an ongoing “countdown” event celebrating the upcoming E3 show. The“main course” will come with Sony Interactive Entertainment’s conference on June 11th, at 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
You can check out the trailer below.