TGS 2010 Holds Record Attendance and Top 10 Anticipated Games
Tokyo Game Show is a convention that practically everyone in the gaming industry wants to attend, even if it’s just once. At this year’s TGS, 207,647 attendees, both industry and public had the chance to experience the grand gaming show. That’s roughly 22,617 more than last year, making this TGS the most attended to date!
Over the show’s four day run, around 24,000 gaming industry and press figures went to the show’s first two days which were press-oriented. During the show’s last two days where the public could attend, roughly 77,185 people showed up to gaze at the games.
The people behind organizing the convention, CESA also held a Future Division of its yearly Japanese Game Awards, which lets TGS-goers vote for their most anticipated game of the next twelve months, with 183 games to choose from. The top ten games that were chosen were:
- Idolmaster 2 (Namco Bandai, X360)
- Vanquish (Sega, PS3/X360)
- El Shaddai (Ignition, PS3/X360)
- Gran Turismo 5 (SCE, PS3)
- DanceEvolution (Konami, X360)
- Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (Square Enix, PSP)
- Ni no Kuni (Level-5, DS)
- Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix, PC/PS3)
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP)
- Yakuza Of the End (Sega, PS3)