TGS 2013: Japan Game Awards 2013 Future Division Winners Announced: Titanfall, Deep Down, MGS5 and Eight More
Like every year, during a ceremony held at Tokyo Game Show, the CESA (Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association) announced the winners the Japan Game Awards Future Division, intended to spotlight yet unreleased games voted by visitors at the show and then judged by the association’s committee.
Eleven titles were awarded this year, and there are a couple surprises. Here’s the full list in order of announcement:
- God Eater 2 (PS Vita/PSP)
- The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (PS3/PS Vita)
- Kingdom Hearts III (PS4/Xbox One)
- Sengoku Basara 4 (PS3)
- Titanfall (Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC)
- Deep Down (PS4)
- Puzzle and Dragons Z (3DS)
- Battlefield 4 (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC)
- Final Fantasy XV (PS4/Xbox One)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360)
- Yakuza Ishin (PS4/PS3)
That’s quite a solid list of titles with a good mix of genres, including two western games, Titanfall and Battlefield 4. Will the Japanese market react to them as positively as the awards’ committee? Even more interesting, there isn’t a single mobile game between them. Can’t say that doesn’t make me happy.