A rumor was spread by a few press outlets alleging that Activision’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would run at 720p on PS4, but the development team at Beenox was swift in squashing it, also clearing other misconceptions and giving further info about the game across Twitter and Facebook.
This is false. The game runs at 1080p on PS4.
Apparently the game achieves 1080p and 30 FPS even on Xbox One, despite the fact that the version on Microsoft’s new console has been delayed:
The game runs at 1080p 30fps on both the PS4 and the Xbox One.
A preview also alleged that there would be a fight against Venom in the game, but that proved to be false:
You don’t battle Venom in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game. There was an error in a preview yesterday.
Further information about the game has also been provided:
- Crimes will keep happening once the main story is completed.
- There are still unannounced suits that will make an appearance in the game.
- There will be further costume packs sold as DLC.
- Costumes available in the game will be unlocked mostly by completing side missions.
- There is no realtime day and night cycle, but you will be able to free roam in the city at different moments (similar to inFAMOUS: Second Son)
- You can’t free roam as Peter Parker.
- The length of the game will be similar to the first The Amazing Spider-Man game.
- Sam Riegel will reprise his role as Spider-Man.
We’ll soon be able to roam freely (but not as Peter Parker) in the game’s New York City. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will hit the shelves on May 2nd in Europe and on April 29th in North America. The Xbox One version has been delayed to a date to be determined, even if Activision is working with Microsoft to bring the game to the platform.