The Ascent Patch Notes for Xbox and Windows 10 Update on September 3
Patch 2 comes to Xbox.
The Ascent patch notes for today’s update reveals that DirectX 11 is now fully available for all PC players on Steam and Microsoft Store.
The Ascent had a rough launch in case of technical issues and bugs. The game had some unplayable missions on Xbox One, with major performance problems across all platforms.
- CHECK THIS OUT: Cookie Run Kingdom Codes for September 2021
Over a month has now passed since its launch, and most of the issues are resolved thanks to a bunch of updates.
Today, the Xbox and Windows 10 versions of the game received Patch 2, which was already available only for Steam users prior to this.
The Ascent Update for September 3 – Patch Notes
Performance (Steam & Windows 10)
- DX12 is now the default for all Players.
- DX11 is now supported for Windows Store
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12.
- Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms.
- Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
- Fixed a number of crashes in Single Player and Co-op. If you’re on Steam have a crash, please send the Unreal Crash report.
- Fixed a few instances where Weapon Skins could be lost
- Fixed a few instances where Character Shirts could be lost
- Fixed a few instances where Gear could be lost
- Fixed a few instances where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
- Fixed a few instances where Clients could lose their save progress when fast travelling in certain circumstances
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2).
- Fixed an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ worked incorrectly
- Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Added Extras’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Aficionado’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Helping Hand’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Win’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Fair Trade’
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Multiple reported minor collision issues have been fixed
The Ascent is now available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC. If you are playing the game through Xbox Game Pass on PC, the update above is now available for you to download.