The Banner Saga 2 Available for 25% off via Steam Daily Deal
Tactical RPG game from developer Stoic and publisher Versus Evil, The Banner Saga 2, has been discounted 25% on Steam. Previously, $19.99 USD, you can now purchase the title for $14.99 USD.
Further, you can purchase the game’s deluxe edition, which includes the game and its official soundtrack, for $18.74 USD (it was previously $24.99 USD).
Never heard of The Banner Saga 2 (shame on you)? No problem — here’s an overview from the developer itself, courtesy of the game’s Steam page:
The award-winning adventure continues in Banner Saga 2! This epic, story-based, role-playing game continues its emotional journey across a breaking world. Bold leadership decisions, wise use of resources, and skillful battle tactics are vital to ensure your viking clans make it through alive. Experience what took the indie gaming world by storm in Banner Saga 2!
• The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
• Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
• New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
• Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
• The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
Important to note, if you played the previous game, The Banner Saga, all of your choices will carry over into the The Banner Saga 2. If you haven’t played the first game, you can still enjoy the sequel with the pre-set options for your main character at the start of the game.
Behind Uncharted 4, The Banner Saga 2 is my second favorite game of 2016, and as a series, one of my favorite this generation. If you like the gameplay of games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Shining Force, then I heavily recommend checking this out. If you aren’t familiar with those games, but enjoy tactical RPGS (and a game with a good narrative and world building/lore) then I also really recommend checking this series out.
The Banner Saga 2 released onto PC, Xbox One, PS4, Mac, and mobile devices, at different times throughout 2016. A third game in the series is currently in development for the same platforms.