Today, publisher Digerati and developer Devespresso Games announced that The Coma: Recut, a remaster of the Korean 2D survival-horror game The Coma: Cutting Class for Xbox One and PC, in addition the PS4 which was announced yesterday.
For those that don’t know: The Coma: Cutting Class is a manhwa-styled Korean survival horror game that released back in 2015 on PC and Mac where it received a “very positive” Steam User Review ranking and a score of 69 on Metacritic. At the time of its launch, it was notably the debut game from the Seoul, South Korea-based developer.
At the time of its PS4 announcement yesterday, it wasn’t quite clear what made the game a “remastered version.” However, today, it has been revealed that The Coma: Recut will feature new and updated animations, mechanics, cutscenes, and art.
In the game you play as Youngho, a “hapless Korean student,” who after falling asleep during his final exam, awoke to himself trapped in a twisted and haunted version of his school, Sehwa High. And because it’s a survival-horror game: he’s not alone. Being hunted by a psychotic killer, Youngho must evade his pursuer and find a way to escape this Hellish-version of school.
Here are the game’s “key features” via the developer itself:
- A remastered version of indie cult classic The Coma: Cutting Class, the game has been rebalanced and ‘recut’ with new and updated animations, mechanics, cutscenes and art
- Hide: Crouch in the darkness or cower in a closet to stay out of sight and evade the killer
- Survive: Use your flashlight to search for useful items, but be warned – it can attract unwanted attention
- Mystery: Discover notes and clues to uncover the twisted history of Sehwa High’s students and teachers
- The cast of characters and creepy corridors of Sehwa High are brought to life in a hand-illustrated manhwa art style
- Death: Beware the horrors lurking in the dark, lest you bleed out in some forgotten classroom…
- Inspired by the real-world plight of Korea’s overworked high school students
- Localized in the following languages: English, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Turkish
The Coma: Recut is set to arrive sometime in August at an undisclosed price-point. However, The Coma: Cutting Class cost $9.99 USD, so expect a price-point within this ballpark.