Football, college, cars and gaming goes together like a Mario and Luigi, Cortana and Master Chief, Dom and Marcus; so why not put them all together.
Looks like Ubisoft had that idea and has announced their upcoming game, The Crew, is going on a six-week college football across the US of A and are giving college football fans a way to show their team spirit.
Two trucks outfitted with gaming stations will simultaneously tour the country, allowing fans from each school to play The Crew and go head to head with the rival school before the big game on Saturday.
Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft, had this to say:
College rivalry games have intensity unmatched by any other sporting event. What better way for fans to show their pride and play a role in their team’s rivalry than to take on opposing fans in The Crew and race to prove who is best?
The Crew College Tailgate Tour will be on each campus during the week leading up to the game and will set up on game day near the stadium. Fans can also win prizes, including video games, consoles, T-shirts, game tickets and more.
The Crew College Tailgate Tour schedule includes:
- October 18: UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) at Cal (Berkeley, CA)
- October 25: Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) at TCU (Fort Worth, TX)
- November 1: Florida (Gainesville, FL) vs. Georgia (Athens, GA)*
*Game day activities at neutral ground in Jacksonville, FL
- November 8: Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL) at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA)
- November 15: Florida State (Tallahassee, FL) at Miami (Coral Gables, FL)
- November 22: USC (Los Angeles, CA) vs. UCLA (Los Angeles, CA)
The Crew will be available on December 2nd for PlayStation4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.