The Crew: Wild Run's January Update Will Bring Photo Mode, Challenges, and Rewards
Need a reason to dive back into The Crew? Ubisoft is updating the game heavily bringing new challenges, modes, and fixes. According to UbiBlog, players can grab the first major update of 2016. Check out the full patch notes below.
The Crew: Wild Run is available immediately for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES
- Speed Trap challenge:
This new game feature will be introduced during “The Summit” on January 25.
In a Speed Trap challenge, a player must find the best path to pass the radar points with the maximum speed. The final score is the player’s average speed from all the radar points.
More details about this new feature will be shared very soon.
- Photo mode
This new game feature allows players to take in-game screenshots. Photo mode can be activated anywhere in FreeDrive, with access to various menus and options.
For more information, check out our Photo mode news.
- “The Summit” monthly reward bonus
During “The Summit,” players can try winning an exclusive vehicle. Chances of winning this vehicle depend on your performances during the last week of the month.
With this upcoming patch, we are introducing a new change that will add a bonus chance on top of your performance during “The Summit.”
- Participation qualifiers throughout the month will award players with a +5% bonus chance of winning the exclusive vehicle for the month.
- This +5% bonus will be granted whether you achieve bronze, silver, gold, or platinum medals in any qualifier.
For example, a player who ranks silver during “The Summit” would have the usual 10% chance of winning the exclusive vehicle, plus the bonus chance acquired by participating in the various qualifiers for the month.
Also, getting a platinum medal during “The Summit,” and thus over 100% chances of winning the exclusive vehicle, will not grant you an additional reward.
Finally, please note that these changes will automatically apply retroactively for the past qualifiers of January.
- Monster Trucks gameplay
Monster trucks have received several adjustments to improve gameplay mechanics during the monster arena challenges. New tricks and combos have been introduced for even more fun, and the scoring system has been tuned as well.
- Crew time attack missions
The forced crew missions in qualifiers and “The Summit” can also now be launched in a crew of two or three players.
- Drift missions
The scoring system has been reworked during drift missions. Players who are able to perform long drifts will now be rewarded with even more points.
- Improved handling for several vehicles
- Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 FULL STOCK/STREET/DIRT
- Chevrolet Impala Sport Sedan 1967 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT
- RUF 3400 K FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 FULL STOCK/STREET
- Improved handling when using driving wheels, manual gearbox and clutch.
- Fixed the spawning location of vehicles in some missions.